Fuel Economy of the 2021 Kia Seltos
The fuel economy is a measure of how effective a vehicle is with respect to its gas usage. Cars with a higher fuel economy are frugal with their gasoline/diesel, while those with lower numbers are not an economical option when it comes to gas consumption.
- With rapidly increasing gas prices across the world, fuel economy has slowly shown itself as an important aspect. Customers across the world take countless decisions before finalizing on a particular model, with fuel economy in mind.
- Kia is predicted to be launching the upgraded version of the Seltos in the fall of 2021. In this article, we take you through the fuel economy rates of this highly-anticipated Kia creation:
There are four trims available as part of the 2021 Kia Seltos. Each one is as follows:
- 2021 Kia Seltos SThis variant is equipped with the base engine, a 2-liter and 4-cylinder powerhouse that can supply the car with up to 146 hp, along with a continuously variable transmission. However, this is the only trim that comes with front-wheel-drive as the standard version. It is predicted to be the most fuel-efficient trim of all the four, with a city EPA rating of 29 miles per gallon, highway EPA rating of 34 miles per gallon, and a combined 21 miles per gallon.
- 2021 Kia Seltos SXThe standard engine on the SX is the 1.6-liter 4-cylinder turbocharged, with a dual-clutch seven-speed automatic transmission. This will be able to generate 175 hp. The fuel economy of this trim sees a slight decrease, with a city EPA rating of 25 miles per gallon, highway EPA rating of 30 miles per gallon and a combined rating of 27 miles per gallon.
- 2021 Kia Seltos EXThis trim is equipped with the base engine, and the elite engine can be configured as part of an upgrade package. However, unlike the S trim, it comes equipped only with the all-wheel-drive option instead of the front-wheel-drive version. The fuel economy ratings for this trim is 27 miles per gallon in the city, 31 miles per gallon on the highway, and a combined 29 miles per gallon.
- 2021 Kia Seltos LXThe figures remain the same as that of the EX.